Sacramento Museum Day 2010
Twenty-six (26) greater Sacramento area museums will be offering free admission, all day long, during the 12th Annual Sacramento Museum Day. This event is presented by the Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM), and proudly supported by Umpqua Bank. Sacramento Museum Day takes place Saturday, February 6, 2010, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (all participating museums close at 5 p.m., with the last guests admitted at 4 p.m.).
Museum Day, a Sacramento cultural tradition, invites all members of the community to experience the Capital City’s incredible wealth of art, history, science and wildlife at numerous participating museums AT NO COST.
PARTICIPATING MUSEUMS for SACRAMENTO MUSEUM DAY 2010:
- Aerospace Museum of California*
- California Automobile Museum
- California Foundry History Museum
- California State Military Museum
- California State Capitol Museum
- The California Museum
- California State Indian Museum
- California State Railroad Museum
- Crocker Art Museum*
- Discovery Museum Science and Space Center*
- Explorit Science Center (Davis)
- Fairytale Town
- Folsom History Museum
- Governor’s Mansion State Historic Park
- Heidrick Ag History Center (Woodland)
- Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park
- Museum of Medical History
- Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum
- Old Sacramento State Historic Park
- Sacramento Zoo
- Sacramento Historic City Cemetery
- Sacramento History Museum
- Sojourner Truth Multicultural Arts Museum
- Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Old Sacramento and Downtown locations).
*Please note that the Crocker Art Museum is under construction for its major expansion. Parking and gallery access will be limited and shuttle service will not be offered to the Crocker Art Museum. Also for Sacramento Museum Day 2010, shuttle service will not be offered to the Aerospace Museum or the Discover Museum Science and Space Center.