Offline Social Media Events in April
There are several events taking place this month that, if you’re a blogger or tweeter (or would like to be), you’d probably be interested in… Here are but a few:
- SacTweetup – Unfortunately, we missed this event on April 15, 2011 at Cafeteria15L – The original monthly meetup in Sacramento for Twitter users, or anyone who is intesrested in socializing and knowing more about social media & social networking. Started by Alejandro Reyes (@alejandroreyes), it’s spawned some similar themed events in the area.
- Elk Grove Tweetup – April 21, 2011 (5:30pm – 7:30pm) at the Coaches Restaurant inside Strikes Bowling in Elk Grove????? – Modeled after Alejandro’s SacTweetup, Elk Grovians Rodney Blackwell (@elkgroveca) and ???Krista Guerrero (@getkdm) have brought the tweetup to Elk Grove.
- Food Truck Tweetup – April 26, 2011 (6:00pm – 8:00pm) – I’m not sure if this will be an official SacTweetup event, or if it’s still TBD, but the name was used in conjunction with the tweetup arranged with some local mobile food trucks – Drewski’s Hot Rod (@drewskishotrod) and Miniburger Truck (@miniburgertruck) – and the Sacramento Mobile Food Festival (@sactomofo), which will be on April 30, 2011.
- News 10 Blog U – April 26, 2011 (6:00pm – 8:00pm) at 400 Broadway – This is an event catered toward bloggers who want to learn how to set up a successful blog. Alejandro Reyes is also involved with this event. Check this out if you want to connect with clients and customers, improve your social brand, or want to increase exposure.
- Winning Local – April 28, 2011 (7:00pm – 9:30pm) at the Hyatt Regency on L Street – Another event put on by Alejandro Reyes, along with Taro Arai (@mikunitaro) and CJ Alvarado (@cjalvarado). Winning Local promises to be “the most inspring, un-boring business event in Sacramento!”
Those are the events this month that are on my radar. Do you have any to add? Let us know in the comments!